A case of measles has been confirmed in Chicago’s northern suburbs, and health officers are placing out a warning to others who can were uncovered.
The Cook dinner County Division of Public Effectively being launched a checklist unhurried Wednesday of 16 locations within the northern suburbs and downtown Chicago the infected particular person visited before the illness became chanced on. They contain a college in Deerfield, a fitness center in Glencoe, a cafe and theater in Chicago, and grocery stores in Northbrook and Niles.
Effectively being officers are alerting the public to the chance of exposure to the extremely contagious disease, which is able to remain airborne for hours after an infected particular person has left. Measles can result in serious concerns, together with pneumonia and brain swelling. The north suburban resident who became recognized with measles Tuesday had not too prolonged ago visited a nation “with ongoing measles transmission,” officers talked about. The particular person is rarely any longer infectious.
Illinois has averaged a shrimp bigger than five cases of measles per year over the final several years, with six cases reported to this level in 2019, in accordance with the most up-to-date figures available. Effectively being officers sail of us to cease awake to this level on vaccines, as folks who own declined to win their kids immunized own contributed to a resurgence in measles. Exquisite this week, a county in suburban Contemporary York banned unvaccinated kids from public areas as it tries to stem an epidemic of the disease.
Symptoms of measles contain fever, rash, cough, runny nose and red, watery eyes. Anyone who visited the following locations within the time frames listed below — and who reveals symptoms of measles — can own to call a health care supplier or health division before going to a doctor’s role of job or emergency room, as special arrangements will seemingly be made to defend away from capacity extra exposures to other patients.
For suburban Cook dinner County, call 708-836-8699.
For Evanston, call 847-448-4311.
For Chicago, call 312-746-5380, then choice chance 1.
There is rarely at all times a longer an infection threat at the locations listed, officers talked about. The that you just would possibly seemingly perchance seemingly imagine net sites and events of exposure are as follows:
• 1-6 p.m. March 17: Rochelle Zell Jewish High School, 1095 Lake Cook dinner Boulevard, Deerfield.
• 9 a.m. -noon March 18: Bulky Circle Effectively being, fifty five Inexperienced Bay Boulevard, Glencoe.
• 11:45-2 p.m. March 18: Dunbrook Cleaners and Tailors, 2750 Dundee Boulevard, Northbrook.
• 4-7 p.m. March 18: Bed Bath and Beyond, 96 S. Waukegan Boulevard, Deerfield.
• 5-eight p.m. March 18: Sunset Meals, 1127 Church St., Northbrook.
• 5-eight:45 p.m. March 19: Greek Islands Restaurant, 200 S. Halsted St., Chicago.
• 7:15-11:45 p.m. March 19: Nederlander Theatre, 24 W. Randolph St., Chicago.
• 10 a.m.-12:45 p.m. March 21: Home Depot, 655 Lake Cook dinner Boulevard, Deerfield.
• 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. March 21: clinical role of job, 707 Lake Cook dinner Boulevard, Deerfield.
• 2-5:30 p.m. March 21: Georgio Elan Salon, 9025 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles.
• three:45-6 p.m. March 21: Shell Gasoline Location, 9002 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles.
• 1:45-6:forty p.m. March 21: Contemporary Farms, 8203 W. Golf Boulevard, Niles.
• 4:45-7 p.m. March 21: Dunbrook Cleaners and Tailors, 2750 Dundee Boulevard, Northbrook.
• 5-7 p.m. March 21: Dairy Queen, 2770 Dundee Boulevard, Northbrook.
• 1:15-three:45 p.m. March 22: clinical role of job, 707 Lake Cook dinner Boulevard, Deerfield.
• 2-4:30 p.m. March 22: Glenbrook Health facility Laboratory and Oncology Center, 2100 Pfingsten Boulevard, Glenview.
• 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. March 23: NorthShore Pressing Care, forty 9 Waukegan Boulevard, Deerfield.
• 10:30 p.m. March 23-2 a.m. March 24: NorthShore Evanston Health facility emergency division, 2650 Ridge Ave., Evanston.